|TITLE:||STMP3780 TA5 ROM REVISION|
The STMP3780 product family is introducing a new revision to its existing product portfolio. The change consists of a ROM revision only. The current device revisions will continue to be available for purchase.
The new part numbers being introduced are STMP3780XXBBEA5N and STMP3780XXLMAEA5N devices
Please submit a Service Request (SR) through the website https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework to receive correct patches for SDK enablement with the A5 silicon
For the Service Request, select the following to begin a request. Contact Sales for futher guidance
1. Select Category “Technical Request”
2. Select Topic “Design Question” and Click “Next”
4. 4. The “Select Topic” section is not required. Click “Next”
5. 5. Fill out the SR Details. Subject should indicate what is needed. (i.e. STMP3780 TA5 SDK Patch)
6. 6. Once complete, select “Submit” to complete request
The purpose of the ROM revision was to resolve the following issues.
•1. Added support for eMMC 4.4 and above
•2. eSD/MMC timeout issue resolved
•3. Other ROM issues in current TA5 revision
Please contact Sales for STMP3780 TA5 Device Errata
Several workarounds were added in software to address the TA4 ROM issues. For TA5, these workarounds will not be necessary therefore boot time and device use cases will be improved.
RELIABILITY DATA SUMMARY:
ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTIC SUMMARY:
SAMPLE AVAILABILITY DATE: 16-Aug-2010